Engine Shed is:
- Purpose-led. Engine Shed exists to create and support an inclusive and sustainable economy in the West of England. This focus guides all projects we pursue; it ensures we are not distracted by specific metrics or outputs, but rather supporting activities that will benefit the wider ecosystem.
- Future focused. Engine Shed doesn’t prioritise short-term wins. We run projects that may not have any immediate pay-off, but which will bring unlikely collaborators together around our shared purpose. We work to ensure our proposition is sustainable for the future, both financially and in terms of resource.
- Equality for all. Our door is open to all sectors. We’re proud of the 91 different languages spoken in the city and wider region. We believe that our strength is in our differences, and in working together for an outcome greater than our own.
- Generous with our space. Whether in the lounge or in our event and meeting spaces, we try to accommodate everyone: school students, central government workshops, and art installations, to name but a few.
- A passionate network weaver. We bring unlikely collaborators together and invite competitors to work under the same roof. We encourage the public and private sectors to come out from their four walls and share space, conversation, and aspirations.